In this change of season one is very easily prone to catch cough and cold so here are some home remedies for cough and cold.
1. Turmeric Milk: Due to its antiseptic properties, turmeric is known to treat viral infections such as cold and cough.
2. Steam Inhalation: Steam inhalation helps if you have trouble in breathing. Heat hot water in the bowl and inhale the hot fumes for at least 10 to 15 min. you can add eucalyptus oil that also help soothe your system.
3. Ajwain: Boiling water along with ajwain and Tulsi and having it regular interval of time of 3 to 4 hours can help in relieving cough and chest congestion.
4. Keep Yourself Hydrated: Drinking water at regular intervals will help fight the common cold and reduce inflammation of throat hot soups are also other way to replenish the body's lost energy.
5. Salt Gargling: Your sour throat can be also relieved by salt gargling. Add one teaspoon of salt in a Glass of hot water and gargle twice a day.
6. Honey: Honey mixed with cinnamon powder has a soothing effect on your throat and helps in cough relief.
7. Peppermint: Peppermint leaves are well known of their healing properties. Menthol in peppermint soother the throat and acts as a decongestant helping to break down mucus.
8. Ginger Tulsi Mixture: Extract of ginger juice and add crush tulsi leaves to it and add honey consume it get relief from a cough.
9. Flaxseeds: Flaxseeds are another effective remedy to cure the common cold and cough.you can boil flaxseeds until it thickens and strain it add few drops of lime juice. and honey to it and consume the mixture for cold and cough relief.
10.Garlic: Saute a few garlic cloves in ghee and consume this when wam. this can be a bitter concoction but has a great soothing impact for common cold and cough.
11. Black pepper: Boil water with black pepper, cumin and jaggery to it consume this solution when warm and it will give you relief from chest congestion.