A normal human body has a temperature of about 98.4 or 37degree c. when the temperature of the Human body rises above it, it is called fever. It could be Bacterial fever caused by the various types of bacteria or Viral fever caused by a different kind of virus, common types of viral fevers are cold and flu other types are dengue etc in which human temperature rises very high.
Symptoms of viral fever:
1. Loss of Appetite
2. Feeling Weakness
6. Muscle Aches and Pains
7. Sometimes Rashes on the Skin also Causes
Viral fever is mostly caused by small microorganisms called the virus, they cause infections within cells of the body. A fever is your body's way of fighting off a virus.
How virus can infect the human body:
A - Ingestion: food and drinks can be contaminated with the virus. if you have them you can develop infections.
B - Bites: These kinds of viral fever could be caused by insects’ bites or animal bites such as dengue Chikungunya and rabies.
C - Inhalations: Viral fever such as cold And flu are caused by inhalation of droplets in the air, if you breathe containing the virus.
D - Bodily Fluids: Exchanging bodily fluids such as blood transfusion with someone who has a viral infection can transfer the illness. Examples are hepatitis B and HIV.
Diagnosis: Viral fevers are diagnosed by checking the Wbc count of your blood.
1 -Resting as much as possible.
2 -Taking OTC fever medications such as PCM and acetaminophen.
3 -Drinking plenty of Fluids and stay hydrated.
4 -Taking antiviral medications can only be taken by doctor’s advice. Viral fevers are caused by infections by viruses and most of these fevers resolve themselves but if they last more than 3 or 4 days you must see your doctor. There is no need to panic in the viral fevers take rest as much as possible and stay hydrated.
Home Remedies for viral fever:
(1) Basil: Basil has antiviral properties. Boil one teaspoon clove powder and fresh leaves often basil leaves in 1 liter of water cool down and drink it after every 1 hour.
(2) Coriander: coriander tea also works very effectively to eliminate viral fever as it is rich in nutrients.
(3)Turmeric and Dried Ginger Powder: Heat one spoon of pepper powder, one small spoon of turmeric powder and one teaspoon of ginger powder with one cup of water and light sugar cool it and drink it this gives relief from viral fever.
(4) Fenugreek Water: Another home remedy is fenugreek water for the viral fever soak some Fenugreek seeds in a cup of water for a whole night and filter it in the morning and drink it every one hour.
(5) Lemon and Honey: Lemon juice and honey is very effective home remedy in case of viral fevers.
(6) Kudzu root: It is traditional Chinese medicine. It has anti-inflammatory properties and may help reduce pain and also beneficial in viral fever.